Everyone loves to have a perfectly aligned, white smile, but that does not always happen naturally. If you lack confidence in your smile, cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Whether you are desire a complete smile makeover or whiten your teeth, finding the deal cosmetic procedure is key to optimizing your dental health and self-confidence.
Available Cosmetic Dentistry Options
A beautiful, confident smile can help you project health, youth, vitality, and success. Making your teeth straighter and whiter may require different cosmetic dentistry procedures depending on your specific needs and desires.
Cosmetic Dentistry treatments can include:
- Dental Bonding
- Porcelain Veneers
- Teeth Whitening
- Treatment With Cosmetic Orthodontics
Cosmetic dentistry involves multiple services designed to restore and enhance the esthetics of your smile. Having an attractive smile can give you increased self-confidence and improve overall dental health.
When your teeth are straight and tooth decay-free, it is much easier to take care of them regularly at home dental hygiene routine.
Choosing the best cosmetic treatment begins with discussing your personal smile desires. You may only want a singular treatment like teeth whitening or need multiple services. Your dentist can go over a complete list of treatment options for your smile so that you can make an educated decision on what is best for your smile.
An initial consultation will allow your cosmetic dentist to spot any existing issues that may hinder your cosmetic results. A customized cosmetic treatment plan will include cost, estimated timeline, and esthetic goals.
Dental bonding is a fast and relatively inexpensive treatment that can give you a natural look without sacrificing your original tooth structure. If you are in good overall oral health and you only need minor restoration of your smile, dental bonding can offer the following benefits:
- Multi-Purpose: One of the benefits of dental bonding is its ability to address many cosmetic concerns. Dental bonding can be used to restore discolored teeth and repair those that have suffered physical trauma, such as chips or small fractures. Since dental bonding is tooth-colored, the final result will match your smile perfectly.
- Cost-Friendly: Dental bonding requires less treatment time and uses less material, making it quite a cost-effective service. Cosmetic alternatives, including porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers, are custom made in a laboratory, take longer, use more expensive materials, and are more expensive.
- Fast: Dental bonding is typically completed in just one dental visit. This bonding can be completed in less than an hour with little to no discomfort.
- Natural Appearance: The materials used in dental bonding is able to be matched to the color of your natural teeth. Bonding can improve their appearance if you have teeth with deep stains that do not respond well to whitening treatments or have small gaps between teeth.
- Minimally Invasive: Dental bonding requires minimal preparation of your natural teeth. Shaping and polishing the dental bonding material creates a natural-looking restoration that blends in with the rest of your smile.
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin porcelain shells designed to cover the front side of a tooth. Veneers offer a natural appearance that is also very strong. Dental veneers allow you to achieve the smile of your dreams. They can be custom fabricated to the size, shape, and color you desire. After receiving porcelain veneers, it is essential to practice good at-home dental hygiene, never use your teeth as tools, and visit your dentist for regular checkups.
Over time our teeth will likely lose their white color. Teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatment in America. It uses a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide gel to remove or lighten stains and restore your teeth to their bright, natural shine.
Teeth whitening benefits include:
- Removal of staining due to everyday activities
- Elimination of brown and yellow stains that can be caused by medications and smoking
- Enhance the color of teeth affected by tetracycline or fluorosis
Although over-the-counter teeth whitening products such as whitening strips are available, professional teeth whitening is far more effective. Dentist supervised teeth whitening procedures are needed less often and deliver longer-lasting results compared to over-the-counter whitening products.
With modern teeth whitening treatments, your smile will look whiter and brighter than ever before.
To maintain your whiter smile results, you only need to repeat this whitening treatment once or twice per year.
5 Habits to Maintain A Beautiful Smile
Avoiding bad habits and following a few simple rules will help you keep your smile healthy for a lifetime.
- Brush and floss daily: Brushing at least two times per day keeps plaque from turning into tartar, which requires professional dental cleaning to remove.
- Visit your dental office every six months: Regular dental visits are vital for maintaining a healthy smile. Scheduling these appointments allows your dentist to find early signs of tooth decay or periodontal disease and treat any issues quickly. Not maintaining regular scheduled dental visits can lead to dental emergencies or complex problems that may require more financial cost and invasive procedures to correct.
- Use a straw or brush more often: Wine, coffee, tea, and other darkly pigmented foods and drinks will stain teeth over time. Use a straw when possible or brush immediately following consuming these foods and drink to help prevent this.
- Wear a mouthguard: Dental trauma injuries are common if you are active in sports, and you can prevent them by protecting your teeth with a custom mouthguard. A custom fit mouthguard is your best bet to avoid a dental injury from trauma during sports.
- Consider orthodontic treatment: This can include traditional braces or Invisalign treatment. A straighter smile will be easy to maintain over time than one that is misaligned and crowded.
A Straight Smile is a Healthy Smile
A straighter smile is easier to keep clean and can reduce the risk of tooth decay, gum recession, and bone loss, irregular wear of enamel, and TMJ/TMD pain (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder).
The Benefits of Invisalign
Wearing Invisalign aligners all day is easy since they are designed to fit comfortably and go virtually unnoticed. Your custom fit series of aligner trays are fabricated from a detailed impression of your bite. What’s impressive about treatment with Invisalign is the option to view a rendering of your progress. You will see the cahnges from the first tray to the last even before you start treatment.
Contact Marielaina Perrone DDS at (702) 458-2929 to schedule a no-cost cosmetic consultation appointment if you are ready for a smile makeover. We cannot wait to help you with your smile makeover to create the smile of your dreams in Summerlin, Henderson, and Las Vegas, NV.