Las Vegas & Henderson NV
Dental crowns are required when you have a damaged tooth. Damage can occur from dental trauma or tooth decay. Porcelain crowns offer several distinct advantages over traditional dental crowns.
Metal free crowns look as natural as the teeth you are born with because they replicate the translucency of teeth (reflecting light like a natural tooth) and they ensure a long term dental solution for strengthening and rebuilding a damaged tooth. All Porcelain dental crowns offer both health and esthetic advantages.
In Las Vegas NV Include:
- Resistant To Staining – A metal free crown will resist discoloration and stains.
- Custom Fit To Your Smile – Porcelain dental crowns can be custom matched in shape, color, and length to your smile.
- Comfort – Custom made to ensure a comfortable and precise fit.
- Tooth Protection – Covers the remaining natural tooth structure adding strength and rigidity.
- Low maintenance – Dental hygiene maintenance is the same as for your natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing should be part of your daily routine.
- Safety and Allergy Free – The porcelain used is safe, effective, and allergy free.
- Durability – Dental porcelain is extremely strong. With proper maintenance can last 15 years or longer.
- Functionality – Metal free crowns will restore lost function.
Are Porcelain Crowns Right For You?
Porcelain crowns have been a staple in cosmetic dentistry for years. It gives the dentist and patient a much more aesthetic appearance as a final product. In the past dental crowns and dental bridges were traditionally made of porcelain fused to metal (PFM).
With the development of modern porcelain, which are incredibly strong and reflect light similar to natural teeth, full metal free crowns can be used in most areas in which porcelain fused to metal crowns were used. This is especially true in a cosmetic area of the mouth.
While high quality dental porcelain is strong and is able to last a long time, they need to be cared for, undergo regular dental examinations, and possibly be replaced if they become chipped or damaged.
Your dentist can repair minor chips. In contrast, extensive chips or excessive chipping may require replacing the entire porcelain crown.
If your dental crown has become loose, contact your dentist immediately.
Call your dentist as soon as possible if you lose a crown on your newly crowned tooth. A properly fitted permanent crown should feel and function just like your natural healthy teeth, with normal biting and chewing functions.
A crown provides a new outer shell for a tooth. They cover the tooth above your gum line. Having a crown placed typically feels no different than having any other dental restoration placed.
Dental crowns or partial crowns (dental onlays) are used when there’s not enough tooth structure to hold a filling. Crowns are custom fabricated from detailed dental impressions.
To prepare a tooth for a dental crown, it has to be prepared to the right shape. If your tooth is severely damaged from trauma or tooth decay, it will need to be filled before a crown can be placed.
Crowns have a very high success rate. They are an effective long term solution that offers more protection than a simple dental filling.
Dental crowns can sometimes become chipped but with proper care should last many years.
How To Know If You Need A Crown in Las Vegas NV?
A complete examination during your initial dental visit will give your dentist the information to evaluate your smile. Your dentist can then guide you towards a possible treatment plan. Typical reasons for needing a dental crown include:
- Presence of extensive tooth decay
- Final restoration for a dental implant
- To replace a large existing dental filling
- Fractured or cracked tooth
- A tooth that has undergone root canal procedure
- To fix your bite. Includes grinding your teeth and the need to open your bite back up for TMJ reasons.
- For esthetics purposes: By restoring and enhancing your teeth’ size, shape, and color.
- No gray or black lines at the Gum Line of Teeth. These lines occur when the underlying framework is metal. If the gum tissue recedes it can expose that metal. This cannot happen with an all porcelain crown.
- Perfect Fit. A porcelain crown will fit so well you will even forget they are present.
- Cosmetically Perfect Match. All porcelain crowns have the ability to match your existing shade of tooth color as well as mimic the light reflecting properties of your natural teeth.
- Can be used as a single restoration or in a dental bridge.
Use of all porcelain in your permanent crown allows it to be undetectable to anyone but you and your dentist. Dental porcelain can be shaped custom colored and sculpted to closely copy the look of your own natural tooth enamel. All the while creating and enhancing the smile of your dreams.
A dental implant is a titanium root like structure placed in the bone that can replace missing teeth. This dental implant is only the first step in restoring your smile. There are 2 other parts. These 2 parts are called a dental abutment and a dental crown.
The abutment attaches directly to the implant simulating a natural tooth coming out of the gum line. This abutment needs another part, the dental crown, for it to be fully functional.
How Much Does A Dental Crown Cost in Las Vegas?
Typically, a dental crown will cost between $1100 – $2500. However, the dental crowns cost will adjust according to the type of dental crown chosen and if dental implants are involved.
If you require bone grafting, root canal treatment, or gum surgery, the price of the dental crown treatment plan will rise. Dental insurance benefits will offer different coverage depending on the type of plan you have. Check with your insurance company to see what your coverage is.