Summer is just around the corner which means school is out and traveling for many families. It is easy to overlook dental hygiene when on the road and forget to pack the essentials to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Below you will find some essentials to pack to ensure you keep up your dental hygiene while having fun on the road. The holidays are here! And for a lot of us, that means travel season. The packing focus usually lands on the big stuff: clothes, gifts, electronics, etc. But don’t forget about taking care of your teeth. Here’s a quick checklist that’ll save you a trip to a random drugstore once you reach your destination:
• Toothbrush holder – This is a cheap little accessory you can find for less than $5 usually. It’ll keep your toothbrush sanitary and protected from coming into contact with any other stuff in your bag.
• Travel-sized mouthwash and toothpaste – Most drugstores and home supply stores have sections dedicate to travel-sized items. Mouthwash and toothpaste are almost always there and are sized to TSA regulations for liquids, meaning you can carry them on a plane with you.
• Gum – You don’t always know where you’ll be on vacation, or if you’ll have time to brush your teeth. Keep some gum on you as a quick way to rinse your mouth and freshen your breath. It’s also great to have on the plane to keep your ears from popping. We recommend a gum that uses xylitol sweetener, as opposed to a sugar-based sweetener.
• Paraffin wax – This is nice to have on hand for emergencies. If you chip a tooth, for instance, you can place some of the wax over the jagged edge of the remaining tooth to prevent it from cutting your mouth.
• Plastic sandwich or freezer bag – Ever open your suitcase to find a tube of toothpaste exploded all over your stuff? It’s not a fun surprise. Prevent it by putting your toothpaste and mouthwash in a sealed plastic bag (this also works great for shampoo and other liquids).
• Other things to remember – You probably won’t forget these, but just in case: a toothbrush, and floss.
If you are ready for a smile makeover, contact Marielaina Perrone DDS at (702) 458-2929 to schedule a no cost cosmetic consultation appointment. We cannot wait to help you with your smile makeover to create the smile of your dreams in Summerlin, Henderson, and Las Vegas, NV.