The All on 4 Smile Makeover procedure has been a staple in modern cosmetic dentistry for over 15 years. A smile makeover comes in many forms. Some include cosmetic dentistry procedures like porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, and orthodontics. The all on 4 smile makeover includes restoration and enhancement of a complete smile.
More and more patients are choosing the innovative All-On-4 dental implants smile makeover because:
- They look and feel like your own natural teeth.
- There is no chance of them falling out or moving around.
- You do not need to use any type of denture adhesive to keep them in place.
- You can still enjoy to eat all your favorite foods, including apples and carrots.
- It stops developing bone loss.
What Are All On 4 Dental Implants Las Vegas NV?
The All On 4 Dental Implants dental technique uses four (4) specially designed implants on the upper or lower or both. The implants towards the back are placed on an angle to take optimal advantage of the patient’s existing bone structure.
These specially designed dental implants have the ability to support the immediate fitting of replacement teeth. This treatment is attractive to those with missing teeth and unhappy with wearing a removable denture or those in need of full upper and/or lower restorations.
With the All on 4 dental implants procedure, qualified patients receive just four dental implants and a full set of new upper or lower replacement teeth in just one appointment. This smile makeover can usually be done without the need for dental bone grafts.
The real attraction to the all on 4 procedure is how quickly permanent dental implants can be placed.
This allows patients with missing teeth the ability to leave the same day with a denture that is fixed in place and stabilized by the dental implants.
All On 4 implants are suitable for most people who have lost or are about to lose all their teeth. They’re also ideal for anyone with a low bone volume due to systemic disease conditions like osteoporosis and diabetes. For smokers, however, the technique might not be as successful. It is best to consult with Las Vegas Dentist Dr. Perrone on the best way forward in smile makeover cases such as this. A successful smile design will lead to successful long term results of smile makeovers.
The Benefits of the All On 4 Dental Implant Smile Makeover
- “Teeth in a Day!” This is the other name that the All On 4 goes by, and for the perfect reason. Quicker than other smile makeover procedures, the All-On-4 lets you leave your dental office with a smile makeover completed in just one day.
- Quick Recovery Time. This procedure is a lot less invasive than previous attempts at this, and four implants can replace an entire set of missing teeth, your recuperation time is much shorter.
- More Durable. The disadvantage of traditional dentures is that they can shift and often need to be repaired. All On 4 implants, with the correct dental maintenance care, can last for a lifetime of smiles.
- More Comfortable and Convenient. All On 4 implants don’t only look like natural teeth, they also feel a lot more comfortable. Unlike traditional dentures, the finished result will not affect your speech (like traditional removable dentures) or limit what you can, and can’t eat.
- Proven Procedure. The All On 4 Dental Implants procedure has over a 98% success rate.
- Immediate Smile Makeover Results. Patients experience a dramatic improvement in chewing ability, teeth stability and overall comfort immediately following their smile makeover.
- Stability. Unlike traditional dentures, All-on-4 dentures supported by dental implants are not removable by the patient. Because they are secured by dental implants, they fit more securely and do not have the ability to shift around in the mouth like removable dentures.
- Improve Cosmetic Appearance. Ability to restore your facial features and remove some wrinkles around the mouth.
- Minimal Recovery Time. The procedure generally requires minimal recovery time to replace missing teeth.
- Convenience. The All on 4 technique can usually be completed in a minimum of two visits. You will leave the office with a beautiful new smile on the same day!
- Ability To Enjoy All Foods. All-on-4 dentures restore full chewing functioning, so your diet is no longer limited by impaired chewing.
- Maintain Existing Bone Levels. Dental implants help prevent further bone loss.
- Increased Confidence. You will have greater comfort and confidence when smiling, speaking, and eating. You will look and feel better.
- Denture Adhesives Not Needed To Keep Denture In Place.
Visits Necessary For All On 4 Smile Makeover In Las Vegas NV
The All On 4 Dental Implants procedure generally consists of the following visits:
Initial Visit(s) – Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Makeover Consultation
The initial visit(s) for the all on 4 implants procedure is necessary for the dentist to do a proper treatment plan for you. These visits will include gathering pertinent medical history, needed X-rays, dental impressions, photos, and a CAT Scan.
The dentist will then be able to review all the information with the patient and develop the proper course of treatment for replacing missing teeth. Marielaina Perrone DDS will also discuss what your natural teeth looked like when healthy to determine the final esthetics of your new smile. Changes can be made based on your smile desires.
Actual All On 4 Smile Makeover Visit
At this visit the patient will undergo the procedure for placement of the 4 implants. Following placement of the implants, your dentist will place the denture in and the patient will leave in the afternoon with a beautiful set of fixed, functional teeth.
Follow-up Smile Makeover Appointments
The patient will need to return to the dentist for occasional dental examinations over the next several days, weeks, and months to ensure proper comfort and fit. In about 6 months, the patient will return for a final set of dentures.
The reason for the 6 month wait is to give the tissues in the mouth time to heal properly, correct anything the patient wishes to change, and to allow the implants to properly integrate into the bone (the technical term for this is osseointegration). Once the implants integrate you are ready to complete your smile makeover for a lifetime of smiles.
Frequently Asked Questions About All On 4 Smile Makeover In Las Vegas NV
We understand that you have a lot of questions and concerns about the All-On-4 smile makeover procedure, which is totally normal. To help you become better informed, here is a list of the most frequently asked questions we get.
Is All On 4 smile makeover procedure painful?
This is after all a surgical procedure, so yes, there may be some level of discomfort. How much discomfort will differ from patient to patient. Rest assured that Dr Perrone will do everything we can to minimize your discomfort so the procedure is as smooth as possible.
What about after the smile makeover procedure? How soon can I go back to work, and will I still be in pain?
We have patients who are able to return to work within a day or two, and while there is a little bit of swelling, in most cases over the counter pain medication is quite effective in pain management. If that is not enough, Dr Perrone can prescribe something stronger for the short term while healing.
Will my new All On 4 teeth be stronger than traditional dentures?
One of the main advantages of these implants is that you are able to eat pretty much anything you like without having to worry about your teeth falling out. Of course, we suggest that you wait a month or two before biting into anything too hard (like that Granny Smith Apples), but Dr. Perrone will guide you during your smile makeover recovery.
Will my new teeth look and feel like my natural teeth?
Not only will your new teeth look and feel entirely natural, but they will also function just like your real natural teeth. And as far as dental maintenance and care goes, we encourage you to maintain good dental hygiene including brushing, rinsing, and flossing. A successful smile makeover entails good at home dental hygiene.
How will I know if I’m a candidate for this All On 4 Smile Makeover Procedure?
Before Las Vegas dentist Dr Perrone does anything, she will assess whether you are a good candidate for the All On 4 procedure. This includes looking at the bone quality of your jaw and discussing any general health issues you might have. Generally, this procedure is suitable for the majority of people who do not smoke. Be honest on your health history when meeting with Dr. Perrone.
How long do All On 4 smile makeovers take?
You will leave the dental office with a new smile the same day. (This is why the procedure is also called “Teeth in a Day”) In terms of the surgery itself, it usually takes under 2.5 hours per All on 4 arch (upper and lower). It is a relatively quick procedure.
What if I have dental anxiety?
Some level of dental anxiety or dental fear is normal. For those patients who need extra help, Dr. Perrone relies on her experience to use special relaxation techniques to help you overcome dental fear.
Does insurance cover smile makeovers?
Dr. Perrone will help create a smile makeover plan that matches your needs and budget in your consultation. She can give you a treatment estimate and review financial payment options. Dental insurance does not typically cover cosmetic treatments in a smile makeover, although your insurance might partially insure some parts. Our office will discuss insurance benefits with you and know in advance what fees are your responsibility.
What is the success rate of the All On 4 Smile Makeover Procedure?
The success rate of this particular process is around 98% which is very similar to regular implants. The main thing to realize is you need to choose a well qualified, experienced dentist for any and all implants procedures. They will be prepared to all contingencies along the way.
If you are ready to replace lost or missing teeth with all on 4 dental implants in Las Vegas, contact Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Marielaina Perrone DDS at (702) 458-2929 to schedule a no cost smile makeover consultation today. We cannot wait to help you with your smile makeover to create the smile of your dreams in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, NV.