Can You Whiten Veneers In Las Vegas?
Porcelain veneers typically last between 15 to 20 years, but with proper oral health maintenance, you can ensure that your dental veneers last much longer. Dental porcelain is extremely strong and durable, but it is not 100% immune to staining, degrading, and even fracturing. The key is to treat your porcelain veneers with increased dental care to maintain a lifetime of smiles.
Can Your Porcelain Veneers Undergo Teeth Whitening?
Over time, cheaper dental veneers can become stained and discolored. This staining and discoloration are because the dental porcelain used is not of high quality. While composite veneers will become discolored with time, it is typically extremely difficult to stain porcelain veneers. They are among the most stain-resistant cosmetic dentistry services available.
If you consider teeth whitening, the most likely reason is that the surrounding teeth have become discolored, and your smile shading differs between parts of your smile.
There are several reasons why your natural teeth may no longer match the color of your veneers:
- Excessive consumption of coffee, tea, red wine
- Smoking or Tobacco Use
- Patient’s Age
- Poor dental hygiene
When this happens, teeth-whitening treatment may seem like the obvious answer to brighten your smile. Unfortunately, porcelain veneers will not whiten from teeth whitening treatments.
You may use whitening strips to lighten up your surrounding smile, but it is unlikely that the rest of your smile will once again match the shade of your veneers.
Cosmetic Dentistry Las Vegas NV
An experienced, knowledgeable cosmetic dentist may recommend a complete teeth whitening followed by re-doing your porcelain veneers. The cosmetic dentistry replacement veneers will be custom designed and fabricated to match your surrounding smile, leaving you with a smooth, Hollywood smile.
As long as you spend time each day maintaining your smile, you should be able to keep your porcelain veneers and your teeth looking their best for years of smiles.
Porcelain Veneers Care And Maintenance
Routine, diligent dental health maintenance is critical to ensuring that your porcelain veneers last as long as possible.
Tips for maintaining porcelain veneers and your natural smile:
- Regular Brushing And Flossing. When your veneers are placed permanently, you need to be incredibly diligent about brushing and flossing after each meal. If not after every meal, then at least twice a day.
- Say no to tobacco use and smoking. Cigarettes and other tobacco products can add yellow staining to your smile. While high-quality dental porcelain is stain-resistant, excessive tobacco use can affect the bonding material holding the veneers. This bonding material is especially prone to staining.
- Minimize alcohol consumption. Excessive alcohol consumption can soften the bonding adhesive, making the bonding line more vulnerable to staining and breakdown.
- Avoid hard foods. Chewing on ice, hard candy, or even pencils are not good habits as these habits can chip and fracture porcelain veneers.
- Avoid grinding and clenching your teeth. Grinding and clenching can wear down veneers and damage the porcelain with repeated occurrences. You can reduce the effects of grinding by wearing a mouthguard while sleeping.
- Maintain Regular Dentist Visits. Maintain a schedule of dental visits every six months. These visits will include a dental examination and professional cleanings. While your porcelain veneers cannot get tooth decay, the natural tooth structure they are bonded to can get tooth decay.
Cleaning Of Dental Veneers
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth and dental veneers. Dental porcelain is more sensitive than your teeth and may be prone to scratching. It is best to avoid toothbrushes with stiff bristles. Use of an electric toothbrush is recommended. They tend to exert less pressure and force on porcelain veneers.
- Choose non-abrasive toothpaste. It would be best if you avoided abrasive kinds of toothpaste, such as those containing baking soda, charcoal, or hydrogen peroxide.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash daily. An ADA-approved antibacterial mouthwash can eliminate bacteria and plaque, prevent gum disease development, and help you to keep your veneers looking their best.
How Can I Replace My Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers Process Of Replacement Las Vegas NV
Marielaina Perrone DDS’s first step in determining whether porcelain veneers need replacement is a cosmetic dentistry consultation. At your consultation, she will talk about your desires for your smile and examine your oral health and your current porcelain veneers.
If you and Las Vegas dentist Dr. Perrone agree it is time to replace your veneers, we will remove the old ones. Then, a small amount of your natural tooth structure will be removed to ensure your new veneers’ correct fit and bonding.
Porcelain Veneers Benefits In Las Vegas NV
- Natural Translucent quality — Light can pass thru to a certain level, just like with our natural teeth. The design and fabrication of porcelain veneers will mimic those same translucent properties. The way light reflects gives porcelain veneers a natural cosmetic appearance, providing for a dazzling Hollywood smile.
- Ability To Close Spaces Or Gaps Between Teeth
- Shade Matching — If you are replacing multiple teeth, then all your veneers can be a natural, bright color of your choosing. When replacing just one or two teeth, matching custom porcelain veneers can be easily achieved. This will provide a consistently beautiful smile that no one will ever notice are not your natural smile.
- Ability To Fix Slightly Crooked Teeth. Severely crooked teeth will require orthodontic treatment prior to porcelain veneers.
- Lip Enhancement – The extra layer that porcelain veneers add pushes the lips outward. This leads to fuller lips that look very natural without the need for cosmetic enhancements. If you desire more lip enhancement, Juvederm dermal fillers can provide more lip enhancement if needed.
- Financial Cost – When compared to multiple other cosmetic dentistry treatments to fix your smile, Porcelain veneers will save you money and look better over the long term.
- Protection against Tooth Sensitivity – Worn teeth lacking enamel will make patients feel twinges when exposed to hot or cold. Porcelain veneers will strengthen the teeth by covering the exposed layers of the tooth leading to improved comfort.
- Non-porous surface — Porcelain veneers are ceramic glass and are non-porous, preventing future stains from ruining your new smile.
- Long-Lasting Dental Restoration – Porcelain veneers, when cared for properly, can last a very long time. Proper dental hygiene is a must, along with regular dental visits to check there are no issues along the margins of your new dental restoration. Replacing porcelain veneers can be quickly done as well when and if that time comes. They will match your existing veneers perfectly.
- Natural Appearance – Your new smile will be fresh and vibrant but natural in appearance. As mentioned previously, the light will shine onto new porcelain veneers just like other teeth in your smile. No one should know but you and your dentist that you have porcelain veneers.
- Increase In Smiling! – With your new smile in place, you will smile like never before as you feel good about yourself and enjoy the compliments from friends and family.
Excellent Cosmetic Dentistry Result Las Vegas NV
You can be sure that your new veneers will be the right color to give you the completely white smile you desire. Next, Dr. Perrone will place your new veneers in your smile using a specialized light-sensitive adhesive. You will leave our dental office with a smile that will be the envy of everyone in Las Vegas!
Is It Time For A Smile Makeover In Las Vegas?
Contact Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Marielaina Perrone DDS at (702) 458-2929 to schedule a no-cost cosmetic dentistry consultation appointment if you are ready to improve your oral health along with a smile makeover.
We cannot wait to help you with your smile makeover to create the smile of your dreams in Henderson, Summerlin, and Las Vegas, NV.