Top 10 Reasons To Choose Dental Implants Las Vegas
Opting to choose dental implants to replace a lost tooth or teeth can be a difficult decision. Becoming educated on the positive aspects of dental implants can help you choose dental implants in an educated manner. Dental implants when completed by a well trained implant dentist have an over 98% success rate. Below you will find the top 10 reasons to choose dental implants to restore your smile to its natural state and beyond.
Dental implants are the perfect choice for people in overall good dental health who may have lost a single tooth or multiple teeth due to development of periodontal disease, traumatic injury, or just about any other reason. Dental implants are actually more tooth saving than traditional crowns and bridges. If you choose dental implants they will not require shaving down of healthy adjacent teeth or rely on adjacent teeth for their support.
Sufficient bone is necessary to support the dental implants, and the ideal candidates are those that have healthy periodontal tissues that are free of periodontal disease. Dental implants become connected with the underlying bone and periodontal tissues in the mouth. When you choose dental implants it is necessary to have good dental hygiene for long term success. With dental technique and material advances, dental bone grafts are now more successful than ever and can be used to increase your natural bone allowing dental implants to be an option. Be honest with your implant dentist regarding health issues. Clinical studies have shown an increased risk of failure of dental implants in patients who smoke. Generally dental implants are frequently only placed after a patient has ceased smoking. If you choose dental implants you want to give yourself the greatest chance for success.
Top Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
1. Restore Your Smile. When you choose dental implants versus other forms of tooth replacement they need to be natural looking in appearance. Any dental restoration should restore and enhance your smile back to its natural state. Dental implants as a stand alone dental restoration or a dental implant supported denture should look and feel natural.
2. Prevent Bone Loss. When you choose dental implants, you are choosing to maintain bone height and density in your mouth. When we lose a tooth or teeth, our bodies natural inclination is to have bone resorb since it is not needed in that area when a tooth is lost. With proper placement of dental implants the body responds by maintaining bone in that area. This will maintain a youthful appearance and reduce wrinkling around the lips and mouth.
3. Increased Durability. Dental implants are extremely durable and highly successful. A well placed dental implant that is cared for should last a lifetime. This point alone should make you choose dental implants over traditional dental restorations.
4. Nutritional Enjoyment. With dental implants, food choice will not be a limiting factor. Once dental implants have healed you will be able to eat anything you want without restrictions based on your teeth. This will also lead to a healthier you as you can eat proper nutrition as necessary. With an implant supported denture, patients are able to eat a wide range of healthy foods that can include all the necessary food groups for improved nutrition and health. Chewy and crunchy foods such as carrots, lettuce and apples which are often avoided by denture wearers can be enjoyed once again when you choose dental implants.
5. Increased Self Confidence and Self Esteem. With a natural restoration and enhancement of your smile, you will immediately feel more confident. This can increase quality of life in many ways including increased job opportunities as well as romantic ones. Increased esteem and confidence will also lead to a healthier outlook on life and increased longevity. Traditional removable dentures can often over time become loose and not fit properly. This can cause the dentures to fall out and not be stable in the mouth. When you choose dental implants in combination with a denture it is fixed in place anchored by the dental implants. Your denture will not be able to fall or become loose. This will lead to increased confidence in work and social aspects of your life.
6. Better Articulated Speech. Since dental implants are fixed in place they will act like your natural teeth allowing you to speak without issue.
7. Impossible To Lose Dental Implants. Unlike a removable denture, dental implants are fixed in place and cannot be lost unless removed by your dentist.
8. Increased Convenience And Comfort. Removable dentures are notorious for causing sore spots inside the mouth. As the bones in the mouth remodel, your dentures will need adjustments and possible relining to fit comfortably again. Dental implants will not cause pain or discomfort. Removable dentures can be very inconvenient since you must remove them at night as well as for cleaning them. They can also require messy adhesives in some patients. Patients with dental implants will not experience these situations as they will stay in the mouth permanently. Traditional removable dentures over time will often require replacement and repair. Dental implants may have an initial cost that is higher than removable dentures, they do not require a lifetime of costly dental maintenance.
9. No Interruption In Taste. Removable dentures are bulky and can interrupt the taste of our foods. Dental implants do not cover up extensive parts of our mouth allowing us the freedom to enjoy the taste and textures of our favorite food when you choose dental implants.
10. Maintenance. When you choose dental implants, you choose a low maintenance option. You will brush and floss just like your natural teeth. Since they are not removable, you do not need to buy special denture cleaners or denture adhesives. It is important to note that dental implants can be subject to periodontal disease or peri implantitis. So it is important to maintain good dental hygiene.
Top 10 Reasons To Choose Dental Implants Conclusion
When you choose dental implants, it is important to choose wisely. An educated patient is the best patient. Making an informed decision will give you a lifetime of smiles. Any questions ask your implant dentist and they can review all options with you.