Alternative Uses For Toothpaste
1. Decrease pimple outbreaks – Works great as an overnight application to prevent an impending zit or dry up an unsightly pimple. Place a small dab over the pimple and in the morning it will be smaller and less noticeable, or may not come at all.
2. Treatment of Cold Sores – Anecdotal evidence has shown that a small dab of toothpaste can help diminish the size and discomfort of a cold sore. This is the type of blister sore on the outer lip, not the white sores (apthous ulcers) in your mouth.
3. Soothe Burns – While toothpaste is unable to heal the burn any faster, it is able to soothe some of the discomfort while it heals.
4. Take Itching away From Bug Bites – Place a small dab of toothpaste on your next mosquito bite to relieve some of the itching. Also works for Bee stings.
5. Stain Remover — Toothpaste can be very effective in removing tough stains from clothing and even carpets. Applying toothpaste and then washing it can make many stains disappear immediately.
6. Nail Buffer – Try rubbing a bit of toothpaste on your nails to give them a nice shine. Its slightly abrasive properties help to buff out your nails.
7. Shoe Cleaner – Toothpaste and elbow grease can make those old, dirty tennis shoes shine as if they were new again.
9. Defogger – If you scrub a small amount of toothpaste over a mirror and clean, you will find after your next shower your mirror will be fog-free.
10. Scratch Remover — Once again due to its light abrasive action, toothpaste is able to remove some light scratches from DVD’s and even CD’s
Toothpaste is quite versatile. It is an inexpensive tool to use for many household jobs. For most of us, it is always on hand. While the many uses are nifty, the main purpose of toothpaste is the most important! All the more reason to have plenty of toothpaste on hand, and to brush and floss daily. Time to go spackle the bathroom, and get rid of a zit!