If you have a misaligned, crooked, or overcrowded smile, Invisalign can help enhance your smile. The Invisalign orthodontic procedure involves a series of removable plastic aligners worn in a specific order. These trays are custom designed for incremental tooth movements to give you the best result possible when treatment is completed.
Invisalign is perfect for children, teens, and adults. Each aligner will shift teeth 0.33 mm before you move on to the next aligner in the sequence.
Every tray shifts teeth and applies pressure in different areas to move your teeth slowly. On average, a single invisalign tray moves teeth 1/10th of a mm. These tiny, slow modifications will bring your teeth into perfect alignment when Invisalign treatment is completed.
The custom aligners create a force that helps in teeth straightening. Each aligner functions in one part of the mouth. It might focus on a single tooth or several teeth. This will depend on what movements must be done at the current treatment stage. Each aligner tray offers constant and gentle pressure to the teeth.
Invisalign shifts your teeth into an alignment to match the tray shape. This movement is a gradual process. Several teeth or a tooth will shift around 0.25/0.33mm at a time. It is typically recommended that you change your aligners every week or two. On average, Invisalign takes 6 to 12 months for the teeth to shift to the desired position.
The Invisalign treatment needs supervision by an experienced orthodontist. It is recommended that you fully commit to the Invisalign plan and wear the aligner trays recommended by the orthodontist.
This will ensure you get an optimal outcome for your smile. Since every individual is different, the rate at which teeth shift relies on many factors.
These include your gum condition, diet, jaw shape, and genetics.
Remember, clear aligners apply force as a whole to the teeth. It is the teeth that move, not the aligner tray. With this orthodontic treatment, each tooth movement is planned out in advance.
Aligners apply compression and tension gently and alter them to reposition teeth gradually with time.
You will become more comfortable fitting the aligner tray during the first two weeks. You will feel some discomfort for the first day or two. But it will wear off quickly.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Below are the advantages of Invisalign:
- Removable. Unlike traditional orthodontic braces, Invisalign plastic aligners are removable. So you can easily remove them when flossing, eating, and brushing. It helps you maintain good oral hygiene and reduces the risk of developing periodontal disease during treatment.
- Excellent Aesthetics. Many teens and adult patients prefer Invisalign over metal braces mainly because of its aesthetics. The aligners are clear. Invisalign is more attractive to the eyes, and no one will easily know you are wearing them. It means you can smile without being self-conscious of your smile.
- Comfortable. Invisalign trays have no brackets or wires. Therefore, you will be safe from cuts or nicks in your mouth. Invisalign trays are smooth and will cause irritation to the oral tissues.
- Less Maintenance. Invisalign clear aligners require minimal care. You can brush your aligners with a regular tooth brush.
- Fewer Issues. There is no risk of falling off or a broken wire during Invisalign treatment. This prevents emergency visits to the orthodontist.
- Easy Teeth Cleaning. Having the ability to remove your Invisalign trays makes it easier to brush and floss as you normally would.
Get the Invisalign Treatment for an Awesome Smile
Regain confidence in your smile with the help of Marielaina Perrone DDS!
Invisalign is an invisible method to enhance your imperfect smile. To know more about Invisalign refinement trays, contact Marielaina Perrone DDS at (702) 458-2929 to schedule a no-cost cosmetic consultation appointment. We cannot wait to help you with your state-of-the-art smile makeover to create the smile of your dreams in Summerlin, Henderson, and Las Vegas, NV.
Marielaina Perrone, DDS, is a highly experienced and dedicated dental professional passionate about delivering exceptional patient care. With over 20 years of experience in the dental industry, Dr. Perrone is widely regarded as a leading authority in her field, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions and personalized care to her patients.